FORT MYERS, Fla.- Summer baseball is winding down, or has wrapped up for the 12 Florida SouthWestern State Buccaneers competing around the country this summer. We take one final look at how they did in today's summer league wrap up.
Connor Bagnieski- St. Clair Green Giants- Great Lakes League
- Bagnieski's summer was cut short after just eight games with the Giants. At the time of his departure, the Bucs utility man was leading the team in hitting with a .444 average to go along with eight stolen bases.
Ty Burton- Bradenton Juice- Florida Gulf Coast League
Burton pitched in 11 games for the Juice. He posted a 4.15 ERA while striking out 23 in 21 2/3 innings pitched on the summer.
Marc Davis- Keene Swamp Bats- New England Collegiate Baseball League
- Davis and FSW teammates Tommy Joseph and Antonio Knowles have led the Swamp Bats into the NECBL North Division Finals. Davis pitched well out of his familiar bullpen role, but was roughed up in a pair of starts to give his numbers an unbalanced look. He has struck out 33 in 24 innings pitched, going 2-2 with a 7.50 ERA heading into the final week of the summer.
EJ Doskow- Saugerties Stallions- Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League
- Doskow helped the Stallions to the playoffs for the second time in three years as they posted a 26-19 final record in 2019. He never really got on track with the bat, hitting .158 in 17 games while driving in five and scoring seven times.
Danny Galvan- Bradenton Juice- Florida Gulf Coast League
- Galvan punched out 43 opposing hitters in just 24 innings pitched this summer. He posted a 4.88 ERA in 12 games and was a midseason All-Star for the Juice.
Tommy Joseph- Keene Swamp Bats- New England Collegiate Baseball League
- Joseph has hit .202 with a pair of homers and seven RBIs for the Bats this summer. He has seen action in 30 games, registering 18 hits and scoring 20 runs.
Antonio Knowles- Keene Swamp Bats- New England Collegiate Baseball League
- Knowles has started four games and come out of the Keene bullpen four times this summer. He is 1-0 with a save, picking up 24 strikeouts in 22 1/3 innings pitched.
Nate Madej- Wisconsin Woodchucks- Northwoods League
- Madej was a workhorse for the 'Chucks during the first half of the summer, tossing 38 innings in eight appearances. He made a team high eight starts for Wisconsin, going 3-2 with a 4.02 ERA with 40 strikeouts and 21 walks before shutting it down at the break.
Bailey Mantilla- Woodstock River Bandits- Valley League
- Mantilla helped the River Bandits to the Valley League playoffs, going 0-3 with a 7.36 ERA this summer. He logged 18 1/3 innings, striking out 16 and walking seven.
Warnner Rincones- Woodstock River Bandits- Valley League
- Rincones hit .148 in 13 games for the River Bandits this summer, driving in three and scoring a pair of runs in 27 at bats.
Tyler Spitzbarth- Syracuse Salt Cats- New York Collegiate League
- Spitzbarth helped the Salt Cats to the NYCL Eastern Division Championship series, posting a 3.24 ERA in 8 1/3 innings worked this summer.
Robert Wegielnik- Wisconsin Woodchucks- Northwoods League
- Wegielnik started nine games for the Woodchucks this summer, accumulating 41 2/3 innings on the mound. He was 3-3 with a 4.32 ERA, striking out 28 and walking 20.